Pet Costume Safety
Halloween is in just a couple days! Although I don’t dress up my furry girls, I will be sure to see many pets donning costumes on Halloween night! Here are some tips to keep your pet safe in those Halloween costumes!
- Your pet’s costume should fit well. A costume that is too loose could be twisted or caught on something, leading to injury.
- Costumes should not have decorations that could be easily chewed off and swallowed by your pet, including loose strings and beads.
- Make sure the costume doesn’t hinder your pet’s movement, hearing, or breathing!
- You want your pet to look cute, but don’t force your pet into a costume that will make him uncomfortable or stressed!
- Always monitor your pet while in costume. If he is going to be out of your site, wandering the house, take that costume off!
- Make your pet’s ID part of her costume. This could be a helpful adornment to bring your pet home if she should slip away from you Halloween night!
Some of these tips even apply to our human children’s costumes as well! Let’s keep this Halloween a safe one for both humans and their pets!
written by Maria, “Mama Dingo”