It’s Almost Christmas – Don’t Forget Your Pets!
With less than a weeks until Christmas, most of us have made our lists and checked them twice. But you may want to take a third look at that list to make sure you didn’t leave out any furry family members! It’s amazing how many pets in America are made part of their family’s Christmas activities. Here are some interesting facts I thought I would share from a Petfinder.com survey.
- 63% of dog owners and 58% of cat owners surveyed said they give their pets presents at Christmas.
- Americans spend about $5 billion on holiday presents for their furry friends!
- 40% of dog owners and 37% of cat owners hang Christmas stockings for their pets.
- 27% of dog owners and 23% of cat owners sign their pet’s name on greeting cards or notes.
- 64% of surveyed pet owners said they include news about their pet and 36% include a photograph in their holiday cards.
- About 27% of pet owners claim to have taken their pet to a professional photographer to have a picture taken with family, Santa, or the Easter Bunny.
It looks like I’m not the only one who treats my pets like family! So whether it’s a new bed, a toy, or a bag of treats, make sure you have something for your pets to open this holiday season! How are you going to make your pet a part of your Christmas festivities?
written by Maria, “Mama Dingo”